College and Career Guidance at DC
Our College Guidance and Career Program: The goal of the College Counseling Department for Denver Christian School is to work with students to find the best option for them in their post high school. Staff meet regularly with high school students to advise upon class selection, college choices, scholarship opportunities, and more.
High school students, especially those in 11th and 12th grade, will be offered guidance to understand the college admission process and to help them make informed decisions. Methods may include individual meetings with counselors, group meetings, networking with outside resources, college fairs and meetings with recruiters. The goal is met when students feel empowered to make the most appropriate and informative choice in their post high school plans whether that is college, university, trade school, military, etc. Students will graduate with a sense of ownership and excitement to begin to build the foundation for their future personal and academic goals.
Denver Christian High School students are the well-rounded, academically prepared, and inspiring young men and women sought after by leading colleges and universities.
College and Career Guidance Counselor: Ben DeNooy email@example.com
Denver Christian has partnered with Overgrad to offer another resource for our high school students in determining college and career choices. Overgrad lets you monitor your students’ college and career goals, readiness, and matriculation so you can focus on what’s important and react faster. Overgrad partners with top four-year, non-profit universities and employers to help them locate students who are good fits for their institution. Overgrad alerts you when universities and employers have expressed interest in your students so you can monitor the postsecondary connections your students are making.
Raise.me – www.raise.me
- Earn scholarship money simply by accomplishing basic things– completing a course, playing sports, participating in extracurricular activities, etc.
- Learn more about this new opportunity in Mr DeNooy’s letter to parents.
Cappex – https://www.cappex.com/
- Cappex is a free resource for students and their parents. Create an account and login to learn about colleges and scholarships.
- A useful tool to research what colleges are right for you through college reviews and matchmaking.
- Learn about your skills and strengths and choose a major that’s right for you.
- Apply for thousands of dollars worth of scholarship and aid.
College Greenlight – https://www.collegegreenlight.com/
- Create an account to learn about scholarship opportunities unique to your skill set and passions.
- Explore new colleges and find your perfect college.
Affordable Colleges Online – http://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/
- Online access to college affordability and student resources including details on college life, academic support, and financial aid.
- College rankings using a priority scoring system.
College in Colorado – http://www.collegeincolorado.org
- Free resources for students. Everything from career and interest assessment tools to college searches and financial aid info.
- This website is great for students who are looking to increase their knowledge of schools both in Colorado and across the nation. Additionally, this website provides students with the tools and resources to began advertising their skills in both college applications resumes.
- Students can also assess their GPA and testing scores to see how they compare to other students applying to college.
- Students can search, explore, and apply for scholarship opportunities as well.
Colorado Admissions Tool – http://www.coadmissionstool.com
- This resource is aimed toward Colorado schools and allows students to explore what the schools have to offer.
- Students can input their GPA and testing scores into the site wizard to see if they would be considered competitive for admissions in Colorado.