Denver Christian Faith Statement
As a distinctly Reformed school, we affirm the quote from Abraham Kuyper, “There is not a square inch in the whole domain of our human existence over which Christ, who is Sovereign over all, does not cry, Mine!” God is sovereign over all things, including our subject areas and our classroom communities. Faith is woven into every subject, not just Bible class and chapel. Faith informs our attitudes and actions towards each other. Our purpose at Denver Christian School is to inspire and equip our students to serve God and love others, and we affirm these statements as the foundation of our faith community:
- We believe there is one God, the Creator, who exists eternally in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—and who rules over, provides for, and sustains all things.
- We believe God has revealed Himself through creation, through Christ, and through the Bible: the inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe God created all things good, that sin has corrupted humanity and all of creation, that Christ came to redeem His world, and that He will return again in power and glory.
- We believe Christ’s redemptive work heals what was broken in the fall and offers true restoration of all relationships; God with His image bearers and His image bearers with creation, including our relationships with one another and ourselves.
- We believe Christ’s disciples are called to love God, live Godly lives, proclaim the good news to the entire world, and be agents of renewal in a broken world.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit whose indwelling presence unifies all followers of Christ. The Holy Spirit enables followers to live Godly lives and search continually for effective ways to renew creation.