The final piece of a Denver Christian education focuses on inspiring and equipping students to engage the world with Christ’s transforming power and love.
We guide our students to identify where their deep passion and the needs of this world intersect. A Denver Christian education prepares them with knowledge to pursue their interests and inspires them to use their gifts in their vocational pursuits. Ultimately, our College and Career office helps students identify their interests, personalities, gifts and values. We use this framework as we advise students regarding their college and career goals.
The following services and events are provided by the College and Career Office for our high school students. While most of these pertain to juniors and seniors, students of all grade levels are encouraged to seek guidance whenever necessary.
Fall & Spring Financial Aid Night
Denver Christian has partnered with SMARTTRACK® College Funding High School Initiative, which provides our families with free resources to help with planning and paying for college. Click here to create your complimentary account. Students of all grade levels are encouraged to attend as this process can begin already during freshman year. Other topics also covered include FAFSA, financial aid, and scholarships.
The College and Career Counselor meets with all juniors individually during their spring semester. Parents are welcome to attend by scheduling a meeting. Meetings may include:
- Recommendations regarding interest and career inventories
- Discussion about possible career options and paths
- Exploring colleges and careers that match interests
- Identify and rank college search criteria
- Explanation of the college application process
- Discussion of financial implications
- Determine standardized testing target goals and scores
The College and Career Counselor meets with all seniors individually during their fall semester. Parents are welcome to attend by scheduling a meeting. Meetings include:
- A review of items discussed during junior meetings
- Collaboratively build students’ final list of colleges
- Application progress, completion, and questions
- College application essay assistance
- Review standardized test scores
- Financial aid and scholarship resources
- Provide transcripts and counselor recommendations
- Track overall progress
Parents and seniors are invited to attend this annual May 1 celebration of our seniors and their future plans.
Senior Synthesis Night
The entire Denver Christian community is invited to celebrate the academic, social and spiritual growth and achievements of the senior class as they present their senior synthesis projects.