Middle school is a time to explore interests and try new things. Whether students have played a favorite sport for years or are interested in trying one for the first time, there’s a place for them on our middle school athletic teams. Playing sports helps middle schoolers build skills and gain confidence and gives them a healthy outlet for physical activity. Joining a sports team also helps them build relationships outside the classroom. Most importantly, we strive to develop student-athletes who honor God by playing fairly, treating others with respect, and facing adversity with courage.
Middle School Sports Teams
Denver Christian Middle School participates in a league with local schools who share similar goals for middle school athletics:
- interscholastic athletics are an essential element in educating students because they foster the development of character, life skills, sportsmanship and teamwork
- encourage participation by all students
- group student-athletes, whenever possible, by grade level rather than ability based teams
- provide playing time that is commensurate over the course of the season, providing school requirements for athletic participation are met
- focus on teamwork, sportsmanship, and the acquisition of individual knowledge and skills
- scheduling goal of 6-12 contests per team, per season
Middle school athletic teams typically practice and play 3 days per week after school. Listed below are the middle school sports teams offered by season. Please contact Mike Hanson if you have any questions.