Middle school is a time to explore interests and try new things. Whether students have played a favorite sport for years or are interested in trying one for the first time, there’s a place for them on our middle school athletic teams. Playing sports helps middle schoolers build skills and gain confidence and gives them a healthy outlet for physical activity. Joining a sports team also helps them build relationships outside the classroom. Most importantly, we strive to develop student-athletes who honor God by playing fairly, treating others with respect, and facing adversity with courage.
Middle School Mini Seasons Registration
DCMS Volleyball Mini Session Registration/Payment Link
Due to the online learning for our MS students for April 5-8, our volleyball sessions will now meet from 3:30-5:00 on Mon/Tue/Thu the weeks of April 12, April 19 and April 26. Our coaches will plan to meet all volleyball athletes for the first session next Monday, April 12, in the Aux gym at 3:30.
DCMS Coed Track/Field Mini Season Registration/Payment Link
Due to online learning for our MS students April 5-8, our track and field session will have their first session from 3:30-5:00 this Friday, April 9. Additional dates of meeting will be April 14, 16, 21, 28, May 5, 7, 12, 14. Our coaches will plan to meet all track and field athletes for the first session this Friday, April 9, on the east side of the track at 3:30.
Middle School Sports Teams
Denver Christian Middle School participates in a league with local schools who share similar goals for middle school athletics:
- interscholastic athletics are an essential element in educating students because they foster the development of character, life skills, sportsmanship and teamwork
- encourage participation by all students
- group student-athletes, whenever possible, by grade level rather than ability based teams
- provide playing time that is commensurate over the course of the season, providing school requirements for athletic participation are met
- focus on teamwork, sportsmanship, and the acquisition of individual knowledge and skills
- scheduling goal of 6-12 contests per team, per season
Middle school athletic teams practice and play 3 days per week after school. Listed below are links to the middle school sports teams’ pages on our athletics website, where you will find schedules and directions to all athletic competitions. Please note that due to Covid-19, not all middle school sports teams have information and schedules listed. Sports information will be updated as information becomes available. Please contact Barb Landhuis if you have any questions.