When you walk down the halls of our high school wing, you’ll hear joyful laughter and deep academic discussion. You’ll see students engaged with each other and their teachers. You’ll notice teens immersed in collaborative academic projects and music rehearsals. Each teen is challenged, inspired and mentored to fully realize their gifts, make wise, God-centered decisions and live in a community of respectful, Christian relationships.
See Our High School Experience and Culture
Listen to our high school students share how they’ve been able to fully participate in the experiences that are equipping them for life.
Students are able to engage in a full high school experience through a rich selection of academic, co-curricular, service and leadership opportunities. It is this “small school equals big experience” philosophy that transforms our students into the well-rounded graduates that are sought after by leading universities and employers.
All seniors prepare a Senior Synthesis culminating project that reflects on their personal, spiritual and academic growth during high school.
Challenging College-Prep Curriculum
Our high school students are able to explore nearly any interest or talent through our wide array of classes. With 14 honors classes and 8 dual enrollment classes that also offer college credit, students leave Denver Christian prepared for success in college and careers. Each faculty member holds a deep level of knowledge and is passionate about the subjects they teach. Students are able to select from:
- 24 English courses
- 10 Science classes
- 8 Math courses
- 12 Social Science courses
- 16 Religion and Worldview classes
- 4 Worldview seminars
- 4 levels of Spanish
- 2 levels of French
- 6 Technology classes
- 17 Fine Arts courses
- 9 Physical Education courses
Download our High School Course Description Catalog to view graduation requirements, electives offered and detailed course descriptions.
Poetry & Drama (AP)
Spanish IV (AP)
Precalculus (Dual Credit)
Calculus (Dual Credit)
Statistics (Dual Credit)
AP World History (AP)
Survey of US History (Dual Credit)-2 Classes
US Government & Politics (Honors)
Senior Seminar (Honors)
Dual Enrollment Courses
Due to the rigor of our honors program, some courses have been approved by Colorado Christian University (CCU) as official college courses. Students who successfully complete these co-courses receive college credit from CCU after graduation. This college credit can be transferred to any institution of higher education.
- Spanish IV
- Advanced Biology
- Advanced Chemistry
- Survey of US History (2 classes)
Summer Courses for Credit
Denver Christian offers courses for credit in the summer that allows students more flexibility in their schedules during the academic year.Learn More
Your teen will have one-on-one and group meetings with our college and career guidance team to:
- Discuss class selections that will fit individual goals
- Learn about the college application and college selection process
- Discover how to apply for scholarships
The ACT Tessera, CLT10, PSAT/NMSQT, PACT, SAT, ACT, and CLT are offered onsite. High school students and parents also regularly receive Information about college fairs and opportunities to meet with college recruiters. Learn more about our College Guidance program.
Preparing Teens to Lead in Faith and Service
Students become leaders in the faith and in service to the world through our classes and programs. We equip each teen with the knowledge and passion to go out into the world to proclaim and serve Christ. Key components of our community that foster faith and service include:
- Challenging courses and seminars in religion and worldview
- Weekly chapel services and daily classroom devotions
- Faith families composed of one student from every grade level and led by the senior in the group
- US and international service trips
- Faith-infused curriculum applies a biblical understanding within every class
Co-Curriculars: Arts, Athletics, & Clubs
Whether your teen loves to play on the soccer field, sing on stage, take to the basketball court, engage in debate or create works of art, Denver Christian School will allow them to grow and develop their gifts and talents. Unlike larger schools where a pursuit might demand all of a student’s extra time, our high schoolers are able to actively participate in a variety of activities, including:
- Fine arts opportunities that include studio art, concert choir, DC singers, symphonic band, jazz band, pep band, and theater
- 12 different sports teams that welcome all levels of sport experience and have won many district, regional, and state championships
- Clubs and groups that include National Honor Society, Student Council, Speech and Debate, robotics club, Chick-Fil-A Leader Academy, Advisory clubs, chess club, small group bible studies, and more.
Discover High School at Denver Christian School
Want to learn more about the high school experience at Denver Christian School?
Contact our admissions team:
Email Carrie Johnson at cjohnson@DenverChristian.org or call 303-763-7919.