Conveniently located in Lakewood, Colorado, Denver Christian School is blessed to call this campus home since 2014. At that time, Denver Christian Schools became one unified Denver Christian School bringing three campuses together, but the effort was so much more than that.
We believe this campus provides many blessings and benefits to our students and our community at large. From High School to Preschool, our students benefit from the opportunity to serve with and for each other as role models, mentors, and friends. Our parents benefit from the experience and wisdom of those who have experienced transitions as students grow, and our valued alumni now have one impressive campus to recognize as their Alma Mater.
When other school systems and facilities are cutting back and facing closure, Denver Christian School is embracing the opportunity to provide the facilities that will enable 21st century success…and beyond.
Our Preschool-12th grade campus offers new educational opportunities. Key among them is the opportunity to fully align our curriculum, enhancing our ability to offer students a seamless, consistent, and complete PK-12 education. A single-site operational model allows us to optimize our support services, mentoring, and student-partnering programs, while the additional space enhances our current educational programs by providing significant flexible classroom and learning spaces. New programming opportunities associated with the new campus include enhanced arts and athletic programs; increased access to cultural, service, and authentic learning experiences; and expanded offerings in the areas of vocational education.
Our Campus Offers:
- Academic Zones dedicated to Preschool, Elementary, Middle and High School students
- Elementary Library, opening into an open-air atrium for informal reading, group work, or sipping a cup of hot chocolate.
- Two computer labs
- Break-out Spaces scattered throughout the building for group projects, brainstorming and extra working space
- Elementary science lab filled with materials for hands-on Science lessons
- Tinker Lab (our DC MakerSpace) to challenge our students in areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
- Two fully equipped physical/life-science labs for middle and high school
- Guidance and Counseling Center: academics, college, career, and personal counseling
- 21st century technology supports appropriate use of computers as teaching tools, as well as maintains a safe and secure campus.
- Wi-fi enabled for parents and guests to the campus
- Healthy school lunch program featuring natural, wholesome meals, in our upstairs dining hall with beautiful views!
- Playgrounds with fields for running, foursquare and basketball courts, and playground equipment
Fine Arts and Performing Arts Zones
- Instrumental and vocal music rooms
- Coming Soon: In school 325 seat performing arts theater, complete with performing arts stage and staging rooms for musical and theatrical productions
- Dedicated art rooms for elementary and middle/high school
Athletics Fields and Facilities
- Two gymnasiums
- Locker rooms
- Weight room and training rooms
- State of the art – turf soccer, lacrosse, and football field with surrounding rubberized track
- Stadium lighting
- Stadium seating for home and visiting teams
- Thunder Hill student section
- Press Box
- Concession Stand
- Baseball Field
- Durable turf field with diamond
- Field lights
- Home and Away dugouts
- Athletic practice fields
Our unified PK-12 campus allows Denver Christian School to partner with local churches, schools, businesses and non-profit organizations in need of a venue for educational programming or like-minded events. Denver Christian School looks forward to building community and becoming a good neighbor, as well as partnering with new families, other schools and nearby churches. In our beautiful facility, we host many community recreational athletic programs, church assemblies, community meetings and events.
Directions From West Hampden Ave:
Take Hampden Ave. to Wadsworth Blvd.; go south on Wadsworth to the second intersection/stoplight, W. Mansfield Ave.; turn east onto W. Mansfield; go two blocks to the stop sign. The entrance to our campus Is straight ahead.
Directions From South Wadsworth Blvd:
Take Wadsworth Blvd. to W. Mansfield Ave., two intersections south of W. Hampden Ave.; turn east onto W. Mansfield; go two blocks to the stop sign. The entrance to our campus is East of the intersection.
Visitor parking is available in front of the main entrance.