Denver Christian Athletics
We set the tone with our Athletic Motto: To God Be the Glory.
Denver Christian offers competitive after-school athletics for students in 6th – 12th grades competing in the Mile High League in Division II of CHSAA. With 23 athletic teams, nearly 80% of our middle – high school students participate in our athletic program during three seasons – Fall, Winter and Spring. DC welcomes all level of sport experience and only asks that participants bring their best attitude and effort to every sport, practice and game. It is that combination of attitude and effort that have led to many district, regional and state championships, including the 2017 Girls HS Soccer Championship.
We believe interscholastic athletics are an integral part of a Denver Christian education. Denver Christian School is dedicated to providing a Christ-centered education, so our athletes must pursue the goal of excellence within a Christian framework. The success of our athletic program is more than the outcome of a competition between two different schools; it means capturing every aspect of athletics (practice, traveling, competing, etc.) as an opportunity for learning, physical development and discipleship. As Christians, we are called to excellence (performance to the best of our ability) in all areas of life because God rules over every area of our life … including athletics, and He has given us gifts to use for His glory.
Denver Christian provides the opportunity for our students to participate in athletics:
- To help our students understand that God is in every part of their lives, whether that is in the classroom, on the athletic field, or in their home life.
- To develop physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, recognizing that each individual student is a unique creation of God.
- To provide athletic experiences where our teams participate in such a way that we honor our God, our school, our team, and our community.
- To develop our students into athletes who play fairly, observe regulations and policies, treat other with courtesy and take adversity without complaining.
- To demonstrate respect and courtesy toward teammates, opponents, and officials at all times.
- To help our students gain experience through athletic participation that will develop Christian character and reflect Christ to others.
- To help our students understand that our motto “TO GOD BE THE GLORY” is achieved when God is glorified through our effort, attitude, and performance. Our teams will train hard to win without submitting to the “win at all costs” view that is so prevalent in today’s culture.
For more information please contact our Athletic Director Barb Landuis