Sometimes God has already placed leadership ability in students and all they need is someone to help them activate their natural inclinations. Other times leaders are inspired and developed through intentional training and practice. At Denver Christian, we see both happening on a regular basis. We see the value of putting students in scenarios that let their God-given gifts and talents for leadership shine. We also value the preparation time and training needed to aid students in the development of leadership skills.
We see our student leaders mature through:
- Chapel Worship Team
- Hope Buddies (students are paired with Center of Hope Academy students to tutor and mentor them through art & science activities)
- Senior Internship Program (students gain skills in responsibility, communication and teamwork, outside the classroom)
- Leadership Class for 8th Graders
- 8th Grade Leaders in our Faith Families (chapel/service groups)
- Activities such as “leaf raking”, “9News Health Fair”, and theme week activities
We are excited that our new campus location will provide some new and different opportunities for leadership!