We set the tone with our Athletic Motto: To God Be the Glory.
We offer a competitive after-school athletics for students in 6th – 12th grade competing in the Mile High League. One of the joys of Denver Christian Schools’ athletic program is that we have a very high student participation rate at both the High School and Middle School levels. Our students are able to participate in different sports during the three seasons, Fall, Winter and Spring. This is just another one of the many avenues our students are able to use the amazing abilities with which God has so richly blessed them.
We believe interscholastic athletics are an integral part of a Denver Christian education. Denver Christian School is dedicated to providing a Christ-centered education, so our athletes must pursue the goal of excellence within a Christian framework. The success of our athletic program is more than the outcome of a competition between two different schools; it means capturing every aspect of athletics (practice, traveling, competing, etc.) as an opportunity for learning, physical development and discipleship. As Christians, we are called to excellence (performance to the best of our ability) in all areas of life because God rules over every area of our life … including athletics, and He has given us gifts to use for His glory.
Denver Christian provides the opportunity for our students to participate in athletics:
- To help our students understand that God is in every part of their lives, whether that is in the classroom, on the athletic field, or in their home life.
- To develop physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, recognizing that each individual student is a unique creation of God.
- To provide athletic experiences where our teams participate in such a way that we honor our God, our school, our team, and our community.
- To develop our students into athletes who play fairly, observe regulations and policies, treat other with courtesy and take adversity without complaining.
- To demonstrate respect and courtesy toward teammates, opponents, and officials at all times.
- To help our students gain experience through athletic participation that will develop Christian character and reflect Christ to others.
- To help our students understand that our motto “TO GOD BE THE GLORY” is achieved when God is glorified through our effort, attitude, and performance. Our teams will train hard to win without submitting to the “win at all costs” view that is so prevalent in today’s culture.
For more information please contact our Athletic Director Barb Landuis
Denver Christian School Athletic Program
HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
MIDDLE SCHOOL SPORTS
Denver Christian School Athletic Gallery